Signature

EverQuest2 By Helter Skelter

Signature

Postby Nul_Char » Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:15 pm

I'm only getting smilies selection box when I goto create a signature. Its only effecting this theme.

Thanks!
Nul_Char

Nul_Char

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby HBAndrew » Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:03 pm

Fine for me in Firefox.

HBAndrew

Re: Signature

Postby Sadasius » Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:41 am

[quote]I'm only getting smilies selection box when I goto create a signature. Its only effecting this theme.

Thanks!
Nul_Char[/quote]

I am getting the same thing for the 'Evil' theme. Any help on this?

Sadasius

Postby Helter » Sat Sep 10, 2005 2:27 pm

both templates were updated some time ago and the smiley's work for me in both IE and FF.
Sadasius, you have an old version of Evil. I can tell because your icons are out of porportion. That was fixed with the .cfg update.

Helter
Site Admin

Postby Sadasius » Sat Sep 10, 2005 5:08 pm

I thought I had the latest download for Evil....Is the one in the download section up to date? Well I am happy to know it has been improved upon, can't wait to get this working right. I's such an awesome theme, major kudo's to ya! :D

Sadasius

Sadasius

Postby Helter » Sat Sep 10, 2005 7:27 pm

yes the one in the dl section is up to date. I try to keep records in the template section, but i forget to update a few of the forums because im sometimes working with several templates at once. I hope it solves your problems

Helter
Site Admin

Postby Sadasius » Sat Sep 10, 2005 7:46 pm

What template fixed the signature part. I had downloaded the 'evil' templates again and replaced all the templates in the 'Admin' folder and I had replaced all the templates in the main 'evil' folder. I did not change or add the other folders because of some of the changes and files that are saved there. Because its a weird problem and the one who started this topic is the only other person I know who has this problem. All that shows up is a red rectangle with a block of emoticons in the middle. There is no submit nothing and when you click on a emoticon you get a page error at the the bottom of the browser. But anyway I did all this and nothing happened with the signature at all. Still the same. Is there anything special I should take into account. I did not change the signature block yet because I had no time and had to go to work from which I am writting this now. If I am armed with a little info, perhaps I can resolve this in the morning when I get home. Thanks in advance!

Sadasius

P.S. If I had attachment permission in posts I could include a screenshot of the exact nature of the problem.

Sadasius

Postby Sadasius » Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:16 am

I have been able to add the signature in the application spot for the profile through the PCP in the ACP. But I have only a single line to add a signature and it does not allow much text so all the signatures are pretty short. Is there a way to make a different entry field such as a textarea box instead? Much help would be appreciated.

Sadasius

Postby Helter » Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:38 pm

this is a ss from Evil, in the dl section
http://www.forumimages.co.uk/template_s ... il_sig.jpg

Helter
Site Admin

Postby Sadasius » Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:52 pm

Helter Skelter";p="763 wrote:this is a ss from Evil, in the dl section
http://www.forumimages.co.uk/template_s ... il_sig.jpg

Well here is my screen shot; http://www.houseofottawa.com/ssevil.jpg. I have downloaded the new files and have replaced the older templates and pics. But I am still getting the same signature error. I have tried using firefox, IE and opera. They all still do the same thing. Except Friefox and Opera makes certain fonts look funny plus the clock is white instead of black. IE makes everything look much better. I have tried so many things to get that signature block working and I just cannot seem to get it working. I thank you for the screen shot though. Made me realize that my 'pips' were off and now they are fixed too. That is why I was trying to find an alternative for the signature because I am really at my ropes end with this signature block. I have no idea why it is doing what it is doing and there are others who are experiencing the same thing and are just not saying anything about it. Perhaps you can walk me through privately or something to help correct this problem if you know the exact nature of it. I will put you on my MSN messenger or something if you wish because I am pretty desperate to get this working. Everyone has to write in their signatures for every post they do! Maybe it's something that I am doing wrong and is just not realizing it.

Sadasius

Postby Helter » Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:41 pm

that is how it looked before the updated files. Lets start with a proccess of elimination. I will download the template directly fron the demo forum, zip it and put it i the dl section. This will ensure that it is a working copy in the dl section. I will add to the title *updated. Dont dl it unless you see that. Then in your ACP, uninstall your "Evil" Then go to ACP/Extreme Styles/Manage Cache and delete the cache for the Evil. Then using whatever FTP clieant you use, rename your Evil to something like "Old Evil" Then reupload a new copy of Evil and install it as normal. See if the prob still exists.

Helter
Site Admin

Postby Sadasius » Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:12 am

Well I did that and it was really touch and go there for a bit. For a little while it would not even let me load the newer version of evil and I thought I was going to get stuck with another theme I did not want. But anyway, I did what you said and it did not work. However the ACP template is fixed and looks great. One fix at a time....I will succeed sooner or later in getting everything to work right. I did not even expect the ACP to change, that was just a bonus for me....Thank You! BUt perhaps I should tell you that I do not have to upload either as it is my own server in my home. I just copied the 'evil' folder right into the templates section. Then when I go to selecting a style it just shows up. But I have the exact same error as before with the signature. This is a windows (XP Pro) based server, not linux or unix just in case it matters......But I really thank you for the newer upgrades, mind you it did suck to redo all my settings in the ACP and even some mods I made to some TPL's changed back and I had to go and fix those as well. This signature thing is a real bugger. It's the one thing that I have had a ridiculous amount of trouble with. So if you have any more ideas, I am all ears! Thanks in advance.....I love this theme so damn much I don't want to give it up!

P.S. The template for the signature itself is fine. I checked it out with Dreamweaver on the split screen and it looks fine.

Sadasius

Postby Helter » Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:00 pm

have you done the complete update to ver.636?
http://www.integramod.com/home/viewtopic.php?t=7216

Helter
Site Admin

Postby Sadasius » Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:23 pm

Yup, I had grabbed the latest version that included the patch when I installed integramod on aug 20th 2005. So there is no problem there. I had teh option to install without the prillian and such that comes with the patch. The errror that shows up at the bottom of the page says the problem is in the 'profile.php' on line 163 char #4. But I do not see a problem and it only says this error when I click on one of the emoticons that is in the red box. It's the weirdest problem and I cannot seem to find a solution. I have tried to edit many tpl' and php scripts to no end but I only end up screwing something up and having to undo the new problems that I would cause. Thats why I am trying to find the difinitive source of the problem. It almost seems like the table for the signature block is not closed or something. Thats what it looks like to me anyway. Anyway, anything else to eliminate?

Sadasius

Postby Helter » Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:01 pm

on your forum, it is not that the code is broken, it is just not there. Most of the bbcode_box does not even show u in a view page source. I would completely replace root/profilcp with a newly dl'd one from ver 636. Then completely replace templates/Evil/profilcp with the one from the very latest fisubice. Also replace your templates/Evil/bbcode.js with the one from the new fisubice. Other than that, im at a loss. I have installed evil on several other forums and cannot reproduce your error. You could also replace your root/bbcode_box

Helter
Site Admin

Next

Post a reply

Return to EQ2