missing Folder ??

BlacknGold by Chucklehead

missing Folder ??

Postby MadGrip » Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:12 am

recently for some reason images have failed to display on my forum, so I went through the whole chmod's to make sure everything had the right permissions. In the chmod list there is a folder pafiledb/cashe/templates/xxxxx/admin that should have a 777 permission, however I cant seem to find this folder, and everytime I try to enable the [img] tag in acp/configuration it just reverts back to the default setting.

The forum was working fine up until a few days ago. I looked through my backup files and the folder isnt in there either.

Please help !

cheers

Phil

MadGrip

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: missing Folder ??

Postby Helter » Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:28 am

I think only the latest version of 140 includes this folder. Since it is an empty folder, you can create it and chmod it to 777. You should have this same directory for every installed template. go ahead and create them and then chmod them to 777. Inside every one of these folders you should also place and empty "index.html" This is for security purposes. It will keep anyone from browsing the directory.

Helter
Site Admin

Postby MadGrip » Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:45 am

Thanks Helter. AFAIK I have the latest 1.4 integramod and 2.0.19 php installed

I did what you said and made an admin folder (777) and created a blank index.html file inside, but still not working.

seems strange really because after you rebuilt the site it has run flawlessly until now.

any other ideas ?

thanks again

Phil

MadGrip

Postby Helter » Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:10 am

it may be related to the bbcode fix on integramod.com. Ill look into it when i get home from work tonight

Helter
Site Admin

Postby MadGrip » Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:11 am

Thanks Helter

MadGrip

Postby Helter » Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:33 pm

hmm, Ive searched all over your site and I cannot find any missing images. Is it in the black and gold template? if so, what images are missing?

Helter
Site Admin

Postby MadGrip » Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:47 pm

Sorry Helter, maybe I'm crap at explaining . The Images I put on the portal work fine, its when someone tries to use the [img] tags when posting that nothing will appear, only the text, like the last post by lude in the meets / events forum section . In the ACP config I cannot enable "Allow [img] ". I've been through all the chmods 3 times and everything has the correct permissions as far as I can tell. I've also looked at that last post in other themes and its still the same, I'm using your black/gold theme as default

thanks again

Phil

MadGrip

Postby Helter » Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:46 pm

I also have this issue on my personal forum. I belive it is the forum, because it shows up in all templates I have installed.
Have you recently changed your attachmod settings or your ftp password? to see itf it is a directory or password issue, go to acp/attachments/control panel. If you get an error, your path or ftp password are incorect and your forum may not be able to retrieve your images. If that does not fix it go to IM.com and search for "bbcode fix"

Helter
Site Admin

Postby MadGrip » Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:34 pm

I checked the attatchments in ACP and all is fine. It seems that the bbcode is off by default when someone tries to post

I've not changed anything that you mentioned, I'll have a nosey round and see if I can find the bbcode fix

MadGrip

Post a reply

Return to BlacknGold