Easy Mod

Easy Mod

Postby d6 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:10 pm

Just a thought......
U guys spend god knows how many hours modding themes for integra (and we really appreciate it :) ) so I wanted to ask a question. This easy mod program seems to work pretty well. What are the chances one of you could put together a a setup for easymod that would make the code changes nessesary to have a regular phpbb template work with integra? Now I'm not under the impression that it would be easy to do but if somthing like that existed I'm sure that the instances of people asking you to port themes would be greatly reduced, and just think about all the work youll save for yourself ;) . Just somthing to think about.

Check out my new E-Commerce site! http://HDToystore.com
d6

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Easy Mod

Postby Helter » Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:03 pm

it is not possible.
EasyMod has very strict coding requirements in order for it to read and understand the mods you are installing with it.
If someone were to spent the enormous amout of time it would take to write such a beast, it would only work on a very small percentage of templates.

If you take 10 diferent templates by 10 diferent authors, you will probably find 8 diferent tableing methods and 10 diferent types of .css. Some authors put thier .css in the header, some in the usuall location. The fact is, phpBB is very easy and forgiving, which leads to alot of very poorly (though maybe cool looking) designed templates. Integramod is not so forgiving and much more complicated.
then you have the problem of buttons and images.....

its a nice thought though, kinda like world peace....lol :)

Helter
Site Admin

Postby d6 » Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:12 am

heehehe I figured it was somthin like that but i had to ask. Thanks for the feedback :D

Check out my new E-Commerce site! http://HDToystore.com
d6

Postby johnrutledge » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:40 am

The concept is very nice .i figured it was somthin like that but i had to ask thanks

johnrutledge

Post a reply

Return to Off Topic