BF2 by Destine Designs

Got a favorite forum template you would like ported to phpBB or IntegraMOD?

Re: BF2 by Destine Designs

Postby Helter » Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:48 pm

yah i made it from the other .fla's and a few images. I am going to include two versions of overall_header, overall_footer and index. The default will be the flash nav block like you see now, and by renaming the three files, it will use the Qmenu nav bar instead.

Helter
Site Admin

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby HBAndrew » Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:12 pm

Are you gonna put in the login menu under the header like the original and only show when logged out? That bar under the header area is good for all the normal links like private messages etc that tell you how many messages, miss that about other themes.

One thing, is that grey/yellow image used for the flash nav from the Mech theme? Might wanna change it it's from a commercial theme don't want DD getting annoyed lol, maybe you can put together something that will suit the theme. Tho having it like that I really like it, as long as DD doesn't mind that one image :/

HBAndrew

Postby Helter » Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:50 pm

it was included in the pub release.

I think im gonna leave the login and logout buttons in the right side header flash, otherwise it gets redundant

Helter
Site Admin

Postby Helter » Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:37 pm

it is done. There is info about it in the gaming template section.
enjoy :)

Helter
Site Admin

Postby HBAndrew » Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:59 pm

Hmm looks like you missed quite a lot :o

All the center blocks on the portal are still HL2 in the middle, isnt there a way to get them looking exactly like they do on the original where it all looks like 1 image? Also the blocks are not all 3D like the original, and the forums themselves are still HL2 with just the surrounding images changed, is it possible to make them like the original, the grey 3D forums on top of 1 big dark grey area?

Other than them it's looking pretty much complete I love it, apart from a couple buttons like Friend not done.

Installing and experimenting now thanks.

HBAndrew

Postby Helter » Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:27 pm

they shouldnt be..ill check...i may have uploaded the wrong one...lol

*edit* I just checked my ftp log. It said "trashed response-transfer failed" so what i uploaded was the mostly unported original. If you check the template demo, youll see wht it is suposed to look like. If it doesnt look comlete to you there, it is your cache.

Last edited by Helter on Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Helter
Site Admin

Postby HBAndrew » Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:32 pm

The one on the demo site is the same, hl2 center blocks with surrounding images changed, and forums are hl2 with surrounding images changed too, when original had nice light grey forums on a dark grey background block.

Tried all my little knowledge to try and change some things but failed badly.

HBAndrew

Postby Helter » Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:13 am

ok, i fixed it and reuploaded it. Thx, i didnt know that the .css wasnt right cause I couldnt see the forum part of my buggy Nuke install...lol

ps. all you should need to do is replace the .css file

Helter
Site Admin

Postby HBAndrew » Sun Sep 04, 2005 11:00 pm

Ah net was off for 24 hours.

That is MUCH better thanks, will customise the images to hell then put it up live for people to find problems if there are any, and see what they don't like. Good job on getting most of it looking like the original.

HBAndrew

Postby HBAndrew » Sun Sep 04, 2005 11:21 pm

Just tried to make the center blocks look how they are meant to be (look at their demo site at the very bottom the only news post) and it came out like this by just replacing images aswell as changing sizes in portal_body.tpl to match, also the TITLE is not in the top image like the original.

Any idea how to do this?

Also I want to remove the center flash nav and put the blocks all the way RIGHT up to the header like on the original I like it like that a lot, is this possible?

Another thing is the gap between the left blocks and the left side image is too big, and the header/side images/footer are meant to go right up to the edge of the browser, currently a gap all the way around. Dunno if any is possible but hopefully it's all simple.

Thanks

HBAndrew

Previous

Post a reply

Return to Template/Theme Requests