Flash and images taken?

Based on HL2 theme site developed byDestine Designs ? 2004
CS header flash and footer .jpg images designed by SeXyTriN

Flash and images taken?

Postby Rusher » Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:16 pm

Hello,

It was brought to my attention (after seeing the flash and images I had created for someones site awhile back) that the images and flash have are being used in this theme here on forumimages.

First of all, SeXyTrin did not create the flash banner. I created it for her site which was called http://www.fatclan.org. Along with the one of a kind gun barrel smoke I made I also aligned the flash movie properly as the "original" theme's flash was 1 pixel off. I then cleaned up the images including the box on the right hand side. I am the one who added the image of the CS guy..stripping it from the original background and getting rid of all of the lines and adding a shadow under so it appears the guy is "popping" out from the left side. I tweaked sounds and added echos for the "boom" sound in Sound Forge.

What I would like to know is why was the flash stolen in the first place? There were copyright notices at the bottom of the site when it was up. Granted you do have the "flash and images by SeXyTrin" on your ported theme but that is not even the name that was at the bottom of the site in the copyright. Surely emails could have been sent asking permission to distribute the flash in your ported theme with the copyrights left in as they are but no emails were sent. What is even worse is Helter tried modifiying the flash file (exporting it to an editable .fla file I assume) and the smoke looks all messed up now. Also when you turn a .swf file into an editable .fla file via a program the sound is normally exported in mono tone which is how the sound is on Helter's "version".

I am a reasonable person and I spoke with "SeXyTrin" to see if she knew the stuff was on this site. She said she did not. She also said she is not putting the original Fat Clan site back up. With that said, if someone can give me an honest answer as to why it was stolen then I may be willing to provide you with the original file with modified buttons as you have in "your" version along with the rest of the banner images, block footers, and other various images I created. The copyright notice will need to be modified to reflect my business name which is http://www.webmediasource.com since I am the original author not Sexytrin.

I spent more then a "few minutes" creating the banner from scratch so I hope you understand where I am coming from. To see it on someones site and available for download with the stuff I created is a bit irritating since no attempts were made to ask permission.

Anyways, as I said..I am reasonable. If someone can give me an honest answer then we'll see about making what you have look better. If nobody can give me an honest answer or all I get back are negative remarks then I will have to ask you to remove the content from your ported theme.

I await your reply,

Thank you,

Mark

Rusher

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Helter » Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:29 pm

Well Mark, you sound reasonable, but missinformed. Kristine DID give me permission to use the flash. He copywrite info said she made it. She posted on Destine designs website that she made it "not bad for a girl" The images came from the fash, but the flash did not come from her site as she told me she could not find the .fla. I took a screenshot and copied the image to the fla. released by Destine Designs. Since I couldnt figure out how to make decent smoke, I had one of our members here make a separate smoke.swf and edit my .fla. And yes she did know it was available here. This is where she got the clock she had on her site. Im sure I could dig up my msn conv. with her, but id rather not get into a pissing match over this because she and I have become friends (unless she is trying to set me up for copywrite infringment...lol)
If you are who your say you are, then have Kristine email, or call me and confirm and I will do whatever you want me to with the images. As for the flash itself, and the smoke, they are mine.
Thx Helter

Helter
Site Admin

Postby Rusher » Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:51 pm

Hi Helter,

Thanks for the reply. I have sent you a PM.

Thanks,

Mark

Rusher

Post a reply

Return to CS