BF2 by Destine Designs

Got a favorite forum template you would like ported to phpBB or IntegraMOD?

BF2 by Destine Designs

Postby HBAndrew » Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:45 pm

Destine Designs have made a BF2 theme public, actually since july but it is really nice and thought you might like to put it to the top of your list to port it since we all like their designs :P .

HERE is a demo of it and HERE is the download area for it, one for PHP-Nuke and one for Platinum.

I did the whole portal of it by replacing images and changing sizes in the tpl files of the HL2 theme since that's by them I thought it could be easy to adapt BF2 files, but after the portal I have no chance lol couldn't even do the blocks right.

HBAndrew

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: BF2 by Destine Designs

Postby HBAndrew » Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:08 pm

Deleted

-no need for this post now.

Last edited by HBAndrew on Sun Aug 28, 2005 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
HBAndrew

Postby Helter » Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:23 pm

thx!, ill take a look at it now. Have you seen the BF2 template I made from thier HL2 theme?

*edit* r u sure this is a public release? from the images, it looks alot like thier "Mech" theme that is still for sale.

Helter
Site Admin

Postby HBAndrew » Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:38 pm

http://destinedesigns.com/home/modules. ... opic&t=186

Thats the sticky about it, theme free mp3/shoutbox $25, scroll down to find link to their download section which has the theme. But if you are not registered you will get white page. Crazy to be for free but I'm not complaining! lol

Yea saw your BF2 theme, love the video in the header im looking for a guide for how to do that now. I have done a blue version of the HL2 theme for Sven Co-op for my site, a Half-life co-operative mod, basically the best co-op mod which is also being done for HL2.

Can soon see the theme on my site, but for now its on my pc and don't trust posting link since I don't like script kiddies lol

Look forward to seeing any previews if you do this now, would be good to see it progress, very nice theme.

HBAndrew

Postby Helter » Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:18 pm

yah, im already a member there, so I pm'd Mustage about it. If they are charging for any of the template that I would need to use to finish the port, then I would not be able to release it with out permission. A basic flash, is alot of work (for me anyway ) and thiers are definately not basic, so if they decide not to allow it, i understand why.

Helter
Site Admin

Postby HBAndrew » Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:55 pm

The only flash the theme comes with is the left logo and right navigation and the link block below the header when on the forums, all pretty simple to change since the fla's come with them.

The only thing they are charging for is the mp3 player and shoutbox which do not come with it, the complete theme as it is to download is free

Hope he gives you permission to convert it it's really nice, since he gave permission for the HL2 theme I guess he should be ok with this.

HBAndrew

Postby Helter » Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:37 pm

i never got a reply from anyone on the HL2 theme. I pm'd the other site admin, but never got a reply. Then i did a search and found the template available on at least 12 other sites, and I found a few modified versions,so I pm'd again telling them what I was doing and that if it was a problem to let me know. I just made sure to leave nearly every reference to DD in the template. I did go through the template again and i think it does have everything i would need, but ill wait to see if Mustang replies. I gave him this url.

Helter
Site Admin

Postby HBAndrew » Sun Aug 28, 2005 11:44 am

If you need help with any flash, I can help as far as my little knowledge goes, but you probably know more than me anyway lol.

Looked at both the fla files for main header and right navigation, and can change pretty much anything on them as far as images/links/text goes, but when it comes to effects with actionscript I just fail badly.

The flash work done for this looks simple to me, considering it's a public theme it will be since they obviously won't put as much effort in as for a theme they will get money for.

HBAndrew

Postby HBAndrew » Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:39 am

Looks like Mustang posted today on his site, got any reply from him or updates?

HBAndrew

Postby Helter » Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:08 pm

yes, he replied. He said he liked what weve done with the HL2 theme and I could do the BF2, but ppl will still need to go to his site to purchase the extras for the template, Though they will not be compatible with IM

Helter
Site Admin

Postby HBAndrew » Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:13 pm

lol who needs extras and why would they need to go there and purchase them? The extras are only the shoutbox and mp3 player which are not needed, what other extras are you talking about? Theme comes with all the stuff needed.

I asked on IM if it would be possible to mod the PHP-Nuke shoutbox module to work on IM, would be handy for themes ported that have matching ones, but did not get much help :(.

I certainly would buy the matching shoutbox if it worked on IM, shame no one is intrested who can do it.

Look forward to any info about this, and good luck theme looks kinda complex lol but shouldn't be a problem for you.

HBAndrew

Postby Helter » Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:34 pm

I started it if you want to check it out. It is in the demo site, named DDBF2

Helter
Site Admin

Postby HBAndrew » Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:42 pm

Looking good, that's about as far as I got using the HL2 theme as base, but then got stuck on how to do anything else.

HBAndrew

Postby Helter » Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:40 pm

if you got that far, your already past the hardest part., the rest is just a few image tables and images

Helter
Site Admin

Postby HBAndrew » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:38 am

I would like to learn, for the portal it's a simple replace images/image names and sizes, thats what I did anyway probably totally wrong, flash maybe harder id probably copy paste the header code and insert anything missing, but I am no good with blocks/tables etc to get the forums and blocks looking right thats why I got stuck. Can do block images, but not the look inside the blocks, all 3D ish.

Then theres editing all mod files to match I guess, I suppose that is easy but just time consuming.

I see it is looking great now, did you make the navigation block yourself out of the files from the upper right flash navigation? Didn't see it come with the theme, looks good I like it, guess it takes only a few days to do a theme when you know how lol

HBAndrew

Next

Post a reply

Return to Template/Theme Requests